What could be better than the Three EPM Conversations Cohosts?
What whole number is greater than three? Four, totes obvs. And here we are, with Yr. Obt. Svt., Celvin Kattookaran, Tim German, and now John Booth.
John and I did the very first EPM-in-the-cloud presentation at Kscope11: EPM 11.1.2.something-or-other running on AWS. John did all of the heavy lifting and I did…something. No matter, he still talks to me as you will gather below if you but listen.
John has been a writer in the Developing Essbase Applications books, is an ACE Director alumni, a contributor to the late and lamented Essbase Network54 message board, a frequent conference presenter, and always has a provocative and interesting viewpoint on the state of the industry, the value of performance management applications, and where on earth the Earth is heading. Heady stuff, no?
That’s quite an introduction and one that is well deserved. I am very happy to share that John will be a regular cohost on EPM Conversations.
With that, this episode’s précis:
- Start – 8:10 Introductions
- 8:10 – 11:00 Running Hyperion on Lesser-Used Operating Systems
- 11:00 – 13:15 Whatever Happened To Exalytics?
- 13:15 – 22:55 Specialization in Infrastructure
- 22:55 – 25:20 Is Software Supporting Fewer Operating Systems A Problem?
- 25:20 – 28:00 Is On-Premises Software Going Away Altogether?
- 28:00 – 31:00 Whatever Happened To Infrastructure Consultants?
- 31:00 – 37:15 Industry Diversification in Tools (especially Integration)
- 37:15 – 45:00 Does Toolset Diversification Call for More Technically Adept Practitioners?
- 45:00 – 50:45 Doing Integration with “Real” Programming Languages
- 50:45 – 52:30 John’s Future in EPM Consulting
- 52:30 – 63:30 How are People Forming Professional Connections in COVID Times?
- 63:30 – 66:45 Virtual Conference Structures
- 66:45 – End Outroduction
Yes, long, but lots of goodness are contained within and it will give you a taste of the ever-evolving aka we-cannot-make-up-our-minds direction of the podcast.
As always, you can listen on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, Amazon, Buzzsprout (our provider), Stitcher, iHeart Radio, TuneIn, Deezer, Overcast, Pocket Casts, Castro, and Castbox.
We hope you like the episode as much as we do. If you do enjoy it, please give us a good rating on the provider of your choice as it both bathes our ever-needy egos and also – and rather more importantly – allows listeners to more easily find us.
Join us, won’t you?
One thought on “EPM Conversations – Episode No. 4, a conversation with John Booth”
real experts great info for the epm world! I have enjoyed many similar conversations with John and also listened as he advised many clients when we were colleagues.
Great stuff. thanks!!