From Enterprise administrator to CEO, from market disruptor to Magic Quadrant leader
We at EPM (or should that be CPM?) Conversations are – unsurprisingly – pleased beyond belief to have OneStream Software CEO Tom Shea as our very special guest. We think you’ll be pleased as well.
OneStream is in the moment and of the future. How did that happen? Who made that happen? What is its genesis? Where is OneStream right now and where will it be in the future? Why is it such a success? This podcast answers all and throws in more than a few surprises.
OneStream as a rocket ship
Certainly its rise has been meteoric. What has enabled OneStream to evolve so quickly from an industry insurgent to a market visionary? I could opine (those of you who have had the misfortune to cross Yr. Obt. Svt.’s path have long known that I have many opinions, performance management and otherwise, some of which are even correct) on why that is but ultimately that’s just a geek’s take on a force somewhat larger than him.
Better instead to listen to the man himself as he takes us all on a journey from CPA to CEO in a frank and forthright manner. You’ve not likely heard a CEO speak like this before – it’s absolutely fascinating and highly informative if you want to understand what makes OneStream tick.
Hear the conversation
- 00:00 – 02:00 Introductions
- 02:00 – 15:05 Tom’s Career Path to OneStream
- 15:05 – 19:35 The “One Platform” Concept
- 19:35 – 23:00 What Is OneStream?
- 23:00 – 25:30 New Features for Planning Processes
- 25:30 – 28:45 OneStream Customer Community and Growth
- 28:45 – 33:30 Changing from Being a Bootstrapped Company to a Large Company
- 33:30 – 35:40 Development of a Community
- 35:40 – 40:40 Analytics, Consolidation vs Aggregation and Architecture in OneStream
- 40:40 – 42:25 Working with Public Sector Clients
- 42:25 – 47:30 Roadmap for Machine Learning
- 47:30 – 52:10 Roadmap for Analytics
- 52:10 – 53:20 UpStream, OneStream, and The Fish
- 53:20 – 61:50 Set-Based Languages and OneStream Block Language
- 61:50 – End Outroductions
As always, you can listen on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, Amazon, Buzzsprout (our provider), Stitcher, iHeart Radio, TuneIn, Deezer, Overcast, Pocket Casts, Castro, and Castbox.
We hope you like the episode as much as we do. If you do enjoy it, please give us a good rating on the provider of your choice as it both bathes our ever-needy egos and also – and rather more importantly – allows listeners just like you to more easily find EPM Conversations.
Join us, won’t you?